Earlier this week we made our finished worm home! It was easier than we expected and I'm glad I got it out of the way finally. We had to borrow a drill from a friend because we didn't have one, but that was the only roadblock. Once we drilled the holes in the box we put some newspaper bedding in
Then we just moved over the soil and food from the temp home
All done! Yay! I should have taken a picture of it oh well. The worms are happy and we've been keeping them on a steady diet of banana peels and cherry tomatoes that are past their prime.
We spent a good chunk of today clearing out old cookware in our kitchen to make space for canning supplies. I want HOMEMADE PICKLES so bad!!! Now I'll scour Craigslist for a canner, or worst case scenario get one on Amazon. In the mean time I'm thinking about doing homemade butter and buttermilk... Oh I also planted forget me not seeds in an old pepper container until they sprout and then I'll move them over...
Yay for reusing things!